Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbs wont stop overflowing after lay down

well last sat i rolled it up on its side it's an 1980 gs1000

and now i just got back from completely cleaning the carbs and it runs better now but the #2 carb will not retain it's fuel it just keeps pouring and pouring out the float vent and onto the motor

the #4 just drips pretty good

whats the cause of this? i need to get it runnin for friday.

any idears?

-Erik

It's a carb problem. Did you clean the needle and seat?? Did you replace the seat O ring Did you check the float setting Any of these can cause the carbs to overflow

Comment

i cleaned it thin and through but didnt have any o rings so i'm going to get them tomarrow just gonna replace them all and all new screws as well

i also found out its got a coupple way off jets in it like rediculas off not even close to the same

i also got a lil sticky float but thats the one that only drips

it still runs good till it runs out of gas but if you turn the gas on it leaks real bad,

my dad is persistant on vaccum lines but since it's on a blaster not a bike is dosent have the lines that go to the petcock so i'm a lil screwed there no lines for the float overflow/vent either just pours on the motor and i cant leave a rag there 24/7 lol

-Erik

Comment

One or more of your floats may be stuck. Try forcefully tapping the sides of the carbs with a rubber mallet. It's worked for me in the past.

Good luck.

Jeff

Comment

well i took it apart again the 3rd time found a piece of o ring stuck in the float valve but the #4 still drips i didnt get my o rings today mabye tomarrow but i did however manage to leave the key on and ruin one of the coils :doh: i got dyna coils on backorder they said atleast 30 days it still kinda works just really weak spark so weak it hardly shocks ya if your holding the wire lol mabye if i let it sit a few minutes it will come back or atleast quit hesatating so early or straight die on me while on partial throttle lol

the one carb that was stickin a lil on the float bowl i "bent" hardly and it's better now but still leaks i think it's in the rings i got to replace

Comment

Working...
          X