Pingel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel question

What kind of sealant can I use to stop fuel from leaking between the Pingel fuel valve and my tank? I have made about 3 gaskets for the thing and none of them work- I need to use some goop.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Pingel

The Pingel people are really nice and helpful. I would suggest you email them and I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to send you a new gasket and a little package of the blue sealant. They send things quickly and I feel sure they'll send it for free.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Go to your local auto parts store, and look in the RTV section. They have some goop that doesn't harden, but creates a good seal. It is not RTV, they just put it in the same section. The color of the stuff is blue, so it may be the same stuff Pingel sends you.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
        Go to your local auto parts store, and look in the RTV section. They have some goop that doesn't harden, but creates a good seal. It is not RTV, they just put it in the same section. The color of the stuff is blue, so it may be the same stuff Pingel sends you.
        i think the stuff you're talking about is called hylomar

Comment

Working...
        X