Exhaust replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust replacement

Ok - I searched the fourms, watched the posts, searched till I was developing carpal tunnel, but haven't come up with a answer for my needs yet. I want to change the stock exhaust on my 1981 GS550T. I am just looking for a replacement only. I have found that I can get the left and right hand pipes (pricey) but the center pipes are discontinued
    Is there any where out there that sells replacement systems (either whole or parts)? Thanks for putting up with a newbie - I'm sure that I will not be compeating with Slowpoke in the number of posts, but you'llbe seeing my name up there this summer and winter.. Ahhh - I love a good project, but this is my first bike..

Thanks guys and thanks to the Admin and sponsors - I'd be lost without this!

Rob

If you want a stock replacement, keep glued to EBAY. Occasionally, a stock exhaust comes up for sale. Personally, I have done a pretty good job of looking and have not had luck find a good used system. I don't think anyone has made the exact replacement parts since the stone age, but I could be wrong. One of these days I'm going to try to handcraft a set of headers and completely foregoe the center collector/balancer/rusted crap thingy.

Comment

Dutch manufacturer Jama produces replacement exhaust systems for some of the GS's. They call them ''Jama originals", but don't seem to be available for the GS550 series. Take a look at their website http://www.laser-jama.nl/
      They have a dealer in the USA:
      Spiegler USA, 96C Westpark road, Dayton, phone 001-937-291-1735.

On their website (www.spieglerusa.com) I couldn't find any exhaust systems though.

Hope it's of any help.

Comment

Hey you all. Some good news . The Spiegler web site had a link to the Lazer Exhaust Usa web site. Below is the pricing and app chart for Suzuki. Not bad for prices, pretty much falls right into line in what the US manufacturers want.

Comment

P.S. A really good look at the exhaust can be found here.

You have to follow the menus.

Comment

Exhaust

They list a 4-1 replacement for a 1980-81 GS550E. I woonder if this will fit my "T" model, and if I will have to rejet?

Comment

I'm not familiar with a 'T' model GS550.
              I had very good experiences with Laser exhausts in the past; the exhausts fit perfectly and I didn't have to rejet my GS850.

Comment

Working...
              X