Interchangable carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangable carbs?

At the risk of being redundnant, can anyone tell me if the carbs on a '77 750 are the same as on the 550 offered by Bike Bandit? I want to rebuild some old carbs, but did not find a listing for the 750. Also, is there a better source for parts? It seems some are not included, such as the largest O ring.
    Thanks

Maybe

I don't know if the carbs are the same but they are on many models. Even if they are, the jet sizes will be different, almost for sure. Robert Barr offers a nice set of "O" rings for the CV carbs and I think he now has others, as well.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

the 550 and 750 of that erra use the same style carb, different size. If you are refering to the large O ring for the intake manifold They are purchased seperate they do not come in any of the rebuild kits
      pn 09280-32006 should workThe rest of the O rings check with Robert Barr he was working on a kit for them

Comment

Interchangable carbs?

Thanks. That is exactly the large ring I was talking about. I just have to locate Robert Barr. I have not had time to successfully search hte site for his contact info. So if he sees this....Robert, where are you? Of course I am going away for 10 days now, and may not succeed in logging on remotely. I'll try. Direct email is billelliott@madriver.com

Comment

Contact robert here robert@cycleorings.com

Comment

Thanks! I wrote him already.

Comment

I got my carb parts from this guy: ghoffman4@cfl.rr.com

$69 for 4 complete rebuild kits (eg enough to do all 4 carbs)...

You will pay more if you get your parts from bikebandit...

Comment

Working...
              X