Fuel Leak from Overflow GS650 GLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Leak from Overflow GS650 GLZ

Need some help. New to the Resources. I recently have rebuild my carbs and when I leave the fuel on/off the carb leaks out the overflow hose. Is there an adjustment for the floats? And if so does anyone know the the correct measurement? Also what is the correct setting for the Idle needle? When I removed the old ones I counted the turns out but someone told me I should screw them all the way in then back out 2 turns?

Thanks, Great web page!

the float adjustment is that you bend the tang, at the valve needle, on the float itself, till the float is the desired distance from the gasket surface, what this distance is, for a 650, I don't know... sorry

Comment

Dave;

Thanks for the info. I'll try adjusting so the float is even on all 4 carbs. The other thing I may do is connect the tank up and see which carb leaks also. Do not know if this may be a good bench test.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by folson
        Dave;

Thanks for the info. I'll try adjusting so the float is even on all 4 carbs. The other thing I may do is connect the tank up and see which carb leaks also. Do not know if this may be a good bench test.

Thanks
        Folson...having similiar probs with my carbs....did you ever fix yours?

Comment

Re: Fuel Leak from Overflow GS650 GLZ

Originally posted by folson
          Is there an adjustment for the floats? And if so does anyone know the the correct measurement?
          The correct height is 22.4 +/- 1.0 mm, (0.88 +/- 0.04 in).

This height is for Mikuni BS32SS carbs.
          All GS 650 G, has Mikuni BS32SS.

Good Luck !!!

Eliseo.

Comment

Gs 650 GLZ carb leak

Thanks . Unfortunatly I adjusted the floats etc and I still had fuel coming out of the air vent on the carb face? But just one carb??? I am completly stumped so I took it to my Motorcycle mechanic/dealer that I trust. I hope they find the problem. So far they have replaced the needle,Float and gasket even through the needle and seat are new? I'll let you know the results. :?

Comment

Working...
            X