Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Speed Miss

1982 GS750TZ, Mikuni BS32SS carbs.
    Carbs were disassembled and cleaned the first of the season and bike has worked great, until today.
    Pulling out of the parking lot on the way home did a 1-2 and 2-3 shift running it up to 7-8k in each cog and shifting at lower rpm after that due to traffic. I noticed when the rpm droppped and I started to accelerate there was a slight miss and slight 'bog' until I hit around 3k and then it would pull like normal (damn does it ever pull :-) ).
    I'm assuming its a carb problem due to the fact that it pulls with no miss after 3k? which says it's not lack of fuel and it's running on a different circuit. #1 plug is slightly blacker than the rest (almost but not quite fluffy black) after driving home and keeping the revs down to see which plug would be fouled and to narrow it down to one cylinder. The rest are a nice tan color.
    Vacuum fuel valve has been replaced with a manual and the port has been plugged. I sprayed the boots with silicone spray with no change and pulled the plug wires one at a time when idling with identical results on all 4.
    The only thing I can think of is dirt although damned if I know how since I've installed an in-line filter as well as the strainer on the fuel pickup.
    A question, the pilot jet plugs, if one of them were to fall out, would that cause my problem? The reason I'm asking is that at the time I cleaned the carbs I didn't have any, neither did any local shops and I figured they would be ok. Yeah I know, I should have waited and got new ones but 'ya all know how it is.
    If anyone else has any ideas I'm open to suggestions..Mike

Sounds kinda like a timing problem to me. Have you checked the advancer?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

advance

No, haven't at least not yet.
      What would make you lean toward the advance as it sems to be only one cylinder that's burning different?.
      A change to last nights post, it's at 4K that it takes off not 3k as I had said. Kind of a pain when going into or out of a corner, throws you for a loop if you don't expect it ...Mike

Comment

fixed

Was ineed the carbs, took them off last night, cleaned them out and now back to normal....Mike

Comment

Working...
        X