Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this....But.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this....But.....

Hi all,

I need some help.

I just popped my speedo cable on my 82 GS850G and no one here in Columbus seems to have one.

The problem is I'm going on a ride in the hills of southern Ohio Saturday morning for the day and I need to find one fast.

Does anyone out there have one to sell and ALSO be able to ship quickly to me.

BTW...it's approximately 38.5" long.

Let me know. Thanks

go online and get it overnight for an extra $20

Kevin

Comment

You can get a universal speedo cable kit (HELP! brand, on the red card packs) from just about any auto parts store.

I've used these just fine in other motorcycles and a couple of old cars (assuming you have the intact cable housing), but I haven't needed to to try it on my GS850, so YMMV. It's probably worth taking a look around at Pep Boys or Advance, though.

The "crimp-on" end of the universal cable will stay on much better if you can use a drop of epoxy or solder it to the cable.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Why do you need a speedo to ride? Use your tach until you can get one for a reasonable price. There's no way I'd pay express shipping for that part.

Anyway, it's a shaftie. Can they actually break the speed limit?

Comment

Thanks to everybody for their great suggestions. I learned several things that I did not know that will come in handy in the future.

There's a good ending to this also.....I found one in a shop a few hours away. They are going to UPS it out to me today and I should have it tomorrow.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Comment

Working...
          X