83 GS750ED with Kat 750 front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750ED with Kat 750 front end

Front swap going nicely- a few minor problems (fork stops, fairing bracket, and top triple) but mostly bolt right up. Rear 4.5 in another story-the jury still out on this. The tire on this rim as purchased is a 180-way too much-plan to run a 160. This will give a better feel as to how the spacing will work. using the stock Kat 750 rear brake and spacer with my modified torque arm. Motor still to go. Kat rims as shown are front 3.0x17 and rear 4.5 x17. Also have a 3.5 x17 Kat 750 rim if the 4.5 is too much of a problem. keeping the faith, Ed.
    1983 GS750ED http://groups.msn.com/SuzukiGSGarage...o&PhotoID=3334
    2001 TL1000S (for sale)

Looking good Ed. I'll be living in SA agian pretty soon now. If I need to I'll run up and help you with the rear wheel. I takes a mix of parts to make it work. As long as the caliper hanger and spacers are the same diameter as the axle the rest is easy.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Billy, I look forward to meeting up with you somewhere down the line to buy you a cold beer or two to say thanks for that rear master cylinder. One stroke of luck so far on mounting the 4.5 rear- I was able to use the rear sprocket hub off the 3.5 in Katana wheel- this hub is offset about an inch less than the 4.5 in hub but still clears the tire. I was lucky in that both wheels came complete-sprocket,hub,rotor,axel and all spacers and the 93 Kat 750 rear caliper will work with either wheel. It looks like I may need just a very small spacer on the countershaft to match this. The biggest dissappointment has been the bars. With these 41mm tubes being shorter than the stock 37's, I had to lower them in the triples to keep the front from getting too low. As a result there is not enough tube extending above the top triple to mount clip-ons. I am going to try to mount a set below the top triple, but I don't think they will clear the fairing. For now I am stuck with the stock Katana bars- they sit a little higher than I like and I am not crazy about the way they look. We get down to S.A. every now and then-it is a great town-the Riverwalk is an excellent place to hang out and my kids love Seaworld. Thanks Again, Ed.
      1983 GS750ED
      2001 TL1000S (for sale)

Comment

The house we're buying is only about 10 minutes from both Seaworld and Fiesta Texas. Only about 15 from being in the thick of the hill country. We'll definitely end up meeting. Dan Gimmer and I talked about it for years. Now that has evolved into the Hill Country Ride twice a year. A great bunch of people make it.

Comment

Working...
        X