Shelf life of spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf life of spark plugs

When I got my bike from a friend a few years ago he also gave me a box full of misc parts and stuff. I was just digging through it and found an old box of spark plugs. The plugs all seem to have a little rust arround the bolt area, but the ends are both clean. Do spark plugs go bad? Is it a stupid question? Do tell me if you think so! Can I just clean them up with a bit of sandpaper, gap them, and use them?

Those plugs will still be good 30 years from now barring any corrosion ect saying shelf life is like a rock

Just clean the threads so not to mess the head threads up .

Comment

If the plugs were boxed individually they should be okay after a little cleanup. If they were all rattling around loose in a box, there might be some cracked insulators.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by TwinCam
        Those plugs will still be good 30 years from now barring any corrosion ect saying shelf life is like a rock

Just clean the threads so not to mess the head threads up .
        Yep, I aquired a Cushman Scooter last year that is over 50 years old, it looked like it still had the original spark plug. I rebuilt the engine over the winter and turned it over by hand to check for spark and the plug was still working just fine.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Well sorry to wastre everyones time but after all that the plugs aren't even close to being the right ones...not even close. These are just some random plugs I have dunno what they go to.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
            X