No Mo Muffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Mo Muffs

Plan A was to just drill out the baffels. Not a good idea.

Went to plan B.

Got out the sawsall and just cut the muff off just behing the weld that attached the muffs.
    This also left the crossover pipe intact.

Fired her up and ...........drum roll......... she fired, she ideled, she revved.

Mounted her and took her for a ride in the hood. No dead spots, so backfiring, seemed to run fine and was not THAT loud.

So what do you think? Is the above possible? Is some evil problem lurking in the shadows that will raise it's ugly head after a few more miles?

Pull your plugs to make sure you're not running lean. If they check out, you're goog to go

Comment

Thanks,
      A lean running bike would make the plugs look like?????? White?

Comment

That's the color, imagine if a spark plug could be an old Christian dad with three gay sons and alimony

aka glazed, white, and ashy

Comment

I did the same thing. Couldn't stand how quiet it was. I bought some nice thick chrome exhaust tips on Ebay and welded them on though. It looks and sounds sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by mkrohn151
            I did the same thing. Couldn't stand how quiet it was. I bought some nice thick chrome exhaust tips on Ebay and welded them on though. It looks and sounds sweet.
            Where did you cut them off? Did you leave the crossover like I've done?

Did you have to rejet?

Comment

I cut it right at the welds for the old muffler. No, I didn't rejet, maybe I need to I don't know. But everything seems to be going ok. Today I tore the carbs off and cleaned them and when I put them back on I had lost alot of power, but I think I might have just fouled some of the plugs because I flooded it pretty bad when trying to start it afterwards, and I didn't replace the vacuum line to the petcock. But anyways, I just took an exhaust pipe adapter, put it inside the exhaust tips and welded it right on. The muffler heat shield guard thing from the old muffler fits right over the welds so they are concealed. It looks sweet. If you want a pic I can email one to you.

Comment

Did the same thing to a four in one Kerker. The guys I ride with all run KZ's with straight pipes, I just wasn't loud enough. When I cut it, right at the weld, it left the baffle in. Spent about 30 minutes pulling all that crap out and now run straight pipes. Love that ROAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by mkrohn151
                  I cut it right at the welds for the old muffler. No, I didn't rejet, maybe I need to I don't know. But everything seems to be going ok. Today I tore the carbs off and cleaned them and when I put them back on I had lost alot of power, but I think I might have just fouled some of the plugs because I flooded it pretty bad when trying to start it afterwards, and I didn't replace the vacuum line to the petcock. But anyways, I just took an exhaust pipe adapter, put it inside the exhaust tips and welded it right on. The muffler heat shield guard thing from the old muffler fits right over the welds so they are concealed. It looks sweet. If you want a pic I can email one to you.
                  Thanks, a pic or two would be nice.

Comment

Are you running stage-3?

I tried the same thing about 2 weeks ago and it was way too lean. Had to richen it up a bit with a larger main and more turns out on the mix screws and also raise the needle a notch.

I'm glad to hear your plugs are good. I tried driving on the highway and it kept consuming the fuel in the bowls to fast and running out of power after about 20 minutes of running. Stuck on the side of the highway at nighttime and your bike won't work is NO FUN!

May i ask what are your floats set at?

Diggity-damn does it sound good though. People's heads turn!!!

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                    X