No Power!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Power!!!!

Hey guys help me out here, with the battery hooked up, theres still no power goin anywhere. the batt. aint dead either. it hasnt run in a long time, it used to start wit the gas tank off till the gas ran out of the carb. but that dont work no more. if anyone could tell me where to get a diagram or help me out on where the wires should be, plz reply, im completly lost!!!!

First check the main fuse & the contacts on both ends of the main fuse. Could be the leads to or from the ign. switch. Where & how long has it been sitting? I saw one once, that mice had eaten a lot of the insulation off a bunch of the wires. Also check where the ground wire conects to the bike.

Comment

its been sittin for a good 5 years now. it was my dads bike and he just let it sit, so im trying to restore it but it wont even have power. all the wires seemed to be fine, except this one red wire that dont go anywhere, im not sure where that goes.

Comment

Does the battery negative terminal have a good ground and connection to the bike frame?

Michael

Comment

the ground is screwed in right to the frame. there is this red wire though on the other side by the fuses that doesnt connect to anything, and i cant find anywhere around it to connect it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by JuggaloRyda
            the ground is screwed in right to the frame. there is this red wire though on the other side by the fuses that doesnt connect to anything, and i cant find anywhere around it to connect it somewhere
            If you mean the one that goes to the starter solenoid, yes, that's important.

Do any of the wiring diagrams here help you? http://www.twostrokes.com/diagrams/i...i/Four-Strokes

Michael

Comment

Working...
            X