need help testing rr pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help testing rr pls

i dont understand the readings i am geting with a digital multimeter i have two meters i front of me but i dont get a volt reading i get a num like 582 i dont get it i put a post to explain whats happening whith my charging system but no respones pls help darryl 83 gs750es

You can check your regulator/rectifier by following the Suzuki procedure below.

With the r/r removed from the bike, fins pointing up and terminals facing you, the terminals from left to right will be A, B, C, D, and E.
    Negative probe on A and positive on B you should get 6-7.5 ohms.
    Negative probe on A and positive on C you should get 6-7.5 ohms.
    Negative probe on A and positive on D you should get 6-7.5 ohms.
    Negative probe on A and positive on E you should get 50-70 ohms.

Then switch the negative probe to terminal B and place the positive probe on A, C, then D, you should get no reading. Positive on E should read 6-7.5 ohms.

Switch negative probe to C and positive to A, B, then D, you should get no reading. Positive on E should read 6-7.5 ohms.

Switch negative probe to D and positive to A, B, then C, you should get no reading. Positive on E should read 6-7.5 ohms.

Switch negative probe to E, positive to A, B, C, and D should give no reading.

Comment

thanks billy i read that on another post what position sould the meter be o in the ohm range???

Comment

when using the multimeter, you need to choose the right scale for what you're doing... for the volt reading, you'll want 'V-DC X 1', or 'V'X 1 with a solid straight line over it, which indicates 'DC', since you're measuring volts above 1, you'll want to use the X 1, hope that helps some

Comment

Depends on the meter. OhmX1 for the lower readings and X10 for the rest.

Comment

the meter i have on the ohm settings there is 200 2000 20k 200k 2000k in the dc volt sec there is 200m 2000m 20 200 500 there is a dioad test pos but it gives me a high num like 604 thanks for helping me the post of what the bike is doing is now on pg 2 darryl

Comment

Originally posted by whim
              the meter i have on the ohm settings there is 200 2000 20k 200k 2000k in the dc volt sec there is 200m 2000m 20 200 500 there is a dioad test pos but it gives me a high num like 604 thanks for helping me the post of what the bike is doing is now on pg 2 darryl
              Set the Ohm range to 200 (= 0-200 Ohms scale)

Comment

Working...
              X