Front brake Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake Sticking

Hey guys, I just removed my wheel keeping my brakes in-tact so that I could put my speedo gearbox on. I got everything back together and came to squeeze my brake lever. I did so about 3 times before I got my pressure back, ok good. Now my front brake (along with the back) sticks. Is there anyway to relieve the pressure a bit? I was thinking of removing the calipers and pushing the brake cylinder back a bit. Will this solve it?

Thanks
    -Matt

Are you sure that its the pads sticking, rather than the caliper housing contacting the rotor? I have found that the steel brace inside of my front mudguard is out of tolerance and pulls the fork legs too close together if I tighten it (or leave it tightened) before reinstallation and tightening of the wheel/spacers/axle/axle nut and clamps. This means that I have to get everything spaced/aligned correctly before fiddling inside the mudguard to tighten the brace......a real PITA. If I don't do this, one of the calipers rubs the rotor (usually on the right).

BB

Comment

Matt,

Pushing the cylinders back might help. Don't remove the brake pads and use a wooden wedge to drive between the pads.
      Tapping (firmly) on the calipers, with a rubber or nylon hammer, might also help. This way you won't have to remove the calipers.
      Also, there's a tiny hole at the bottom of the brake fluid reservoir. Make sure it's open. Through this hole the brake fluid flows back into the reservoir.

I'm afraid that it's not the brake pads that are sticking. Sounds more like the cylinders..... :? You might have to take the calipers apart and clean them.

Comment

I forgot to torque my sdindle clamp bolts. I blew compressed air thru the pads to get the dust out. Not sure it helped. How do I properly clean and 'fix' the cylinders?

Comment

Working...
        X