Master Cyl. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Cyl. ?

Well I just put new rubber and brakes on my 78 1000e. And since the rear brake has felt soft from day one (4000miles ago) I thought I'd bleed the rear.
    Well,long story short, the mastercyl was the weak link.

Where might I start looking for a rebuild kit for this thing? OR a rebuilt unit?

like always, thanks in advance
    Rico

Pretty sure Dennis Kirk (www.denniskirk.com) has them.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Try these here.

You need part number: RB-1097 $26.95
      I've ordered from these guys a few times and they are great. I recieved my parts in 1 day! They almost always have everything in stock which equals more riding time for you.

Hope this helps.
      -Tom

Comment

Thanks for that CRC link!

They'll have it NEXT Thurs. I was hoping to have that kit in hand by then.
        Any other ideas?

Rico

Comment

Even most of the GSXR masters are the same as the GS masters. Check Ebay, probably pick up a low mileage one for $20 or less.

Comment

If you have a hydrolic (sp) hose/seal shop Get a 14mm cup for the master cyl late model gsxr cyl are smaller

Comment

Believe it or not but the local shop had the rebuild kit I needed.
              The work is all done and after my boys go to school I'll be riding!!!!

thanks GSR people
              Rico

Comment

Working...
              X