STATOR REG/REC ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATOR REG/REC ADVICE

IVE BEEN THROUGH THREE STATOR-REC ON MY 1150.I JUST BOUGHT A NEW PAIR FROM ELEXTREC.IVE LOOKED THROUGH THE FORUM AND CANT FIND AN ARTICLE THATS PROBABLY ALLREADY BEEN POSTED.I NEED ADVISE FROM SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT.CAN I CONNECT MY STATOR DIRECTLY TO MY REG/REC,WITHOUT GOING THROUGH MY WIRING HARNESS.MY THOUGHTS ARE THREE STATOR WIRES TO REC,THEN RED TO POSITIVE AND BLACK TO GROUND ON BATTERY,FRAME,REC. BOLT.THE RED WIRE THAT GOES TO MY REC FROM HARNESS-SHOULD THAT BE ALLRIGHT OR SHOULD I RUN A WIRE FROM BATTERY,OR SHOULD THE POWER GOING TO REC ONLY BE JUICED WHEN THE KEY IS ON.OH YEAH THERE ARE THREE YELLOW WIRES A BLACK AND A RED WIRE ON REC.IM PRETTY GOOD AT WIRING,AND I AM VERY AWARE OR HOW TO CHECK MY STATOR AND REC..IM AT THE POINT WHERE I DONT WANT TO WORRY ANYMORE ABOUT THE CHARGING PROBLEM.IF I HOOK IT UP STOCK IT WILL WORK FINE,IVE READ ON THE FORUM THAT YOU CAN HOOK IT UP DIRECTLY.PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF YOUVE DONE IT AND HAD GREAT SUCCESS.I JUST NEED TO KNOW ABOUT POWER SOURCE AND IF THERE ARE ANY ADDITIONAL WIRES THAT I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT.OR IF I WOULD BE BETTER OFF STAYING STOCK.IVE REPLACED WITH USED PARTS IN THE PAST AND ITS LASTED BETWEEN 8 MONTHS AND A YEAR AND A HALF.AND YES IVE CLEANED EXTRA GROUNDED AND SOLDERED ALL THE CONECTIONS THAT I CAN.AGAIN PLEASE ONLY GIVE ADVICE THAT YOUVE HAD ACTUAL EXPERENCE WITH.IM GOING TO SELL IT AND I WANT THE NEW OWNER TO HAVE NO PROBLEMS IN CASE THERE IS A SHORT OR SOMETHING IN THE HARNESS.THANKS,ROB P.S. IF THERE IS A PLACE TO GO ON THE SITE OR SOMEWHERE ELSE TO GO TO LEARN HOW TO WIRE IT,JUST LET ME KNOW.THANKS

charger diagnostics

Friendly and helpful customer support that goes above and beyond. We help you get the perfect domain name.

not sure if this will help. But its got lots of good info. I went over my 1150 and found lots of corrosion on the connectors all over the bike, like under the tank and any plug connectors. I spent a lot of time cleaning them and so far(cross fingers) no trouble.

Comment

I don't know if this would help, but on my gs850, the wiring went up the harness and back down again, it was for an option on another model with the same harness, they had a loop up near the tree that sent the power back to the RR, so i went ahead and bypassed mine, since it had alittle electrical problem at the loop.

Here was another post that talked about direct connecting.

Lennie

Comment

the loop thru the harness goes to the light switch. IT needs to go direct to the reg Not thru the harness/light switch
        This makes the third leg of the stator active all of the time.
        During operation with the factory connection when you turn the lights off
        it disconnects the third stator wire This can cause the third leg to overheat

Comment

Working...
        X