Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flasher works only on one side

Hi,
    this is what I think will be the start of many questions, my bike is an 81 gs750 I am in the middle of putting right. The problem is the right flasher works, lights goes on and off but the left flasher just goes on and stays on both lights front and back come on so I have to push on and off when making a turn. Would it be the flasher unit? or not enough power going to the unit I had to jump start the bike because the battery is in need of changing. Thanks.
    Ian

i dont think its the flasher unit as this unit works both sets of indicators.
    check your earths are ok, also make sure you have the correct bulbs.
    best wishes davep

Comment

82 has a 3 prong flasher so it could be the flasher, go to auto store and get 3 prong flasher

Comment

If the 82 has a 3 prong flasher I would agree it's the flasher, I had the same problem on my 550, replaced the flasher and it worked better than ever.

Satch

Comment

Thanks for the input I'll get out at it today or tomorrow and let you know. I get to watch the young lad today so it depends on the length of the nap.
          Ian

Comment

Could also be your switch. Sometimes you can build up gook in between contacts. Some 400 grit sandpaper can take care of that. Just watch for springs and such when you take it apart.

Comment

Hi,
              got to work on the bike on Monday and go for a ride to day, new battery new R/R and guess what the flashers both work go figure? Thanks for the input I will clean up all the contacts and keep making the bike work better. Now on to the front brakes,seat cover new grips new front tire ect......
              Ian

Comment

if you were having charging problems that would most definitely cause your turn flashers to act up. that has always been my way of knowing when my stator, r/r, or battery were going out. plus also make note that if your other lights flash with your turn signals then double check your ground conections.

Comment

Working...
                X