Headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight

I got a pair of composite 7" headlights off of ebay with the intention of putting one in my bike, and selling the other. I got them, and tried to put one in, but they are just a little bit too big. I can't imagine there being two 7" headlight sizes around. What gives?

I believe that is correct. The GS typical headlight bucket is too small for a standard 7" bulb.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
      I believe that is correct. The GS typical headlight bucket is too small for a standard 7" bulb.

Michael
      what size is it then?

Comment

The GS bucket is about 1/4 - 1/8 inch too small for the 7" headlights. I've never seen a direct replacement for the lens. Nonstandard.

When I busted my sealed beam for the 450, I bought a whole new bucket, lens and H4 bulb off eBay for $30 tot. Now I just replace the bulb.

Michael

Comment

6 and 3/4"
          Dink

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
            The GS bucket is about 1/4 - 1/8 inch too small for the 7" headlights. I've never seen a direct replacement for the lens. Nonstandard.

When I busted my sealed beam for the 450, I bought a whole new bucket, lens and H4 bulb off eBay for $30 tot. Now I just replace the bulb.

Michael
            well, I just burnt out my bulb, and $30 sounds pretty sweet for a H4 composite setup. What did you search for to find it? I'm not having much luck

Comment

Hrm. I couldn't find any on eBay either. Try looking around the forum for those who may have parts bikes. Any 550 and bigger should work, but be sure to check for the H4 thing. EDIT: er, except the 1100. It has a huge 9.5" headlight. Blegh.

Michael

Comment

My 79 750E has a L model headlight bucket. It's got the h4 bulb & is much brighter than the sealed beam. I found another for my 1000 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                X