oil sight glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil sight glass

About a year ago I stripped my GS1100G and chromed a lot of parts, including engine side plates. Unfortunately this ruined my oil level sight glass. Does any one know a supplier of a replacement press fit oil sight glass - the only ones I have found so far ar miles too big (31.7mm).

My apologies for being away so long, but heqalth and money will get you all the time I suppose. Good to see you all going strong.

Col, I don't remember you from before, but welcome back

I'm sure if you put this query in the technical section smarter minds than mine will be able to give a great answer.

Satch

Comment

They're not available from Suzuki anymore?
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

They never were available as a seperate part.Why would you chrome alloy anyway when you can just polish it????
        Dink

Comment

You might have to take a larger one and turn it down until it fits. Another option is to find another cover and use the sight glass from it.

Hap

P.S. Never mind Dink...he lives on the bottom of the earth and all his blood has run to his head .

Comment

According to Power Sports Pro, http://www.powersportspro.com/partsf...dVManf.asp?N=1 the sight glass is available.

The P/N is 11971-45010. I think it is only the lens itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              They never were available as a seperate part.Why would you chrome alloy anyway when you can just polish it????
              Dink
              Maybe not in Australia, but they were available here in Canada. I did replace mine years ago. 8)
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I just replaced mine. Go to this link for the full story.

Comment

oil sight glass

Many thanks to all for all the replies - very helpful and informative.

Dink
                  When you look as bad as I do, something on my bike has to look exceptionaly good. Also I don't have the time to waste polishing something which can remain wonderfully shiny with a little effort. Why forgoe riding time. This bike always turned heads, and I intend to ensure that it does it even better now. Don't forget that we can ride all year round down under.

Jack and Swanny
                  Thanks for the links, I'll be in touch and let you know how I got on.

Col

Comment

Mate this only took a day to achieve and only takes a few minutes a month to maintain.

Dink
                    BTW for those inquiring minds Kitty lives.

Comment

Thanks for all the help gury. I was able to get a sight glass from 10/tenths at Warwick Farm. Same part number as shown. Apparently they are a generic fit to many models including the GN 250.
                      The lense includes the glass, rubber typoe gasket and a metal rear backing - all in one piece. Will post a pic later as I'm about to go away for a week or so.

Dink - My better half (also the brains of the outfit) has pointed out to me that you do not live in Urana, Uridla, Uralba, Urunga or Euroa - My sincerest apologies I got my Geography all mixed up.
                      That said I still want to avoid poliching if possible - had too much of that in the army.

Comment

Working...
                      X