WHAT DID YOU DO???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT DID YOU DO???

Just got me out of a LARGEjam! Thanks to the accumulated wealth of information, stored in the archives, and the great virtually on line support, from the gs gurus, my daughter and I completed a Saddlesore 1000 this last Thursday. On June 4, that goal was not looking good, as I had just gotten my bike back from a repair facility that had not done the work, and took 5 weeks to not do it. I was facing 5 days of 12 hour shifts, a day off, then the ride. Thanks to timely information, and burning the midnight oil, I cleaned the carbs, manually synched the carbs using the drill bit method, and put it all back together, with much prayer. At 2130 hours, June 9, all was ready for a test ride. The 100 mile test run showed that all seemed to be good. The end result is the fuel economy increasing from the mid 20's (imperial gallons are 20% larger than US gallons) to 38 mpg on the 1000 mile trip!!

Again THANK YOU

John (and daughter Holly)

You're welcome! Glad you got it running good!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Congrats on your SS 1K, did you get certified yet?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Many take advise and run.

Comment

Hey, Dave

No, I haven't even handed in the paperwork yet

Just did the deed on Thursday, June10. I will post in the GS stories soon. The bike ran like a dream, and was the oldest bike there!!

YEA GS

John

Comment

Mmmmmmmmm. Love that nice tan color. Mmmmmmmmm.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Amen, Brother Keith!

John

Comment

Working...
              X