Dumb intake boot question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb intake boot question..

When they refer to "L" and "R" on intake boots, do they mean as you are sitting on the bike, or as you face the front of the bike?

Also, when your bike is sitting normally (not on centerstand) are your carbs level, tilted forward, or tilted backwards?

Thanks again! Dumb question, but I want to get this right..

ALL such description are taken from the riders seat!
    Dink

Comment

and the L and R will be on top / visible.

Comment

OK..

The reason I ask is that my bike is still running lean..

But here's what I've noticed: When the bike is on the centerstand, the bike is not lean - plugs look perfect. (at least for idle. Of course I can't get a cruise reading on the stand .. )

When the bike is NOT on any stand, and idles for a while with me sitting on it, plugs are clean white. Lean ..

When the bike is on the side stand (no choke), it won't start. But as soon as I get on it and level it, starts fine.

My conclusion: the float levels ar somehow wrong, being as all these things have to do with the attitude of the bike. I checked the float levels per the service manual, and they were spot on. I thought that maybe I had the boots on wrong and the carbs were tilted forward too much, but it appears as if it will all only fit together properly one way. Maybe I just need to raise the floats a mil or 2 ?

This lean stuff is getting frustrating .. Stock airbox, no pods. No hi-perf exhaust either. :?

Comment

Working...
        X