Seat Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Interchange

I recently purchased a 79 GS1000. I believe it is an E model. I didn`t get a complete seat with the bike only the rusted out seat pan. Does anyone know which seats from other models or years will fit my bike. Thanks for the help.

Bump.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Not much help around here lately. Everyone's out riding except us with busted bikes. Guess the help will return in the winter.

Dm of mD

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the 78 model year will fit as well. I've seen some ebay buys that say that a seat from a 750 will fit a 1000 but I'm a bit dubious.

Try calling your local dealer, they may have an answer. Sorry I couldn't me of more help.

Satch

Comment

Seats across 78-80 are compatible. I believe that the 750 and 850 are compatible with the 1000 since they use the same frame. Across models they are NOT! G model seat will not fit an E model seat and vice versa. I learned the hard way.....

Also, the 80 gs1000e seat has an under seat piece of plastic molding/fairing matching the body....not sure if previous years had that or not. The 78 seat I believe is almost totally flat whereas some of the the 79 seats and all of the 80 seats are slightly stepped up in the back (except for the S model I think). Some....but not all. Not 100% on that. Also, the 78 didn't have that built in grab bar found on the 79 and 80 I think.

Check www.suzukicycles.org for a few pics. Good luck!

Comment

I just finish purchasing a great seat from a member here . It was from a 750L I have a 1100L . Match made in heaven Just make sure the measurements are the same or reallllly close 8O

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Maybe I`ll find a replacement soon.

Comment

Working...
                X