what are these parts????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are these parts????

just bought up a gs 1000 road racer......wow what a neat bike.......but it has set really neat aftermarket wheels, 6 spoke,cast auilm, only markings are "made in italy" "for compition use only" "not for hi way use" "and "e.p.m." or "l.p.m." the casting is a little hard to readthere is a casting date of ealy '83 on them.
    are these "marchesni" wheels....spelling?????

they take stock brake disks,and are a 16 up ft and a 18 in the out back

also on the ft forks,it looks kile the stock caliper hangers have been machined off and these bolt on adjusable caliper hangers are on it.....

please see picks http://photos.yahoo.com/spazman_77 and there are some other motorcycle pics there......

please email me spazman_77@yahoo.com with any info...

They look very similar to the Lester wheels I have.

I'll have to take a close look and see where they were made.
    I thought mine were stamped England or Great Britain.

I have a different bracket for mounting the discs, mine are cast iron for the front. It's just an extension on the hanger.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Spazman - I think E.P.M. was the precursor to Marchesini although I think they became "Teknomag" first... It's likely these wheels are actually magnesium and may not be the best thing for street riding. They should be lighter than Lester or Morris mags. You might want to have them tested for cracks before you use them either on the street or track. Very cool though! How about pictures of the rest of the bike?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Geez-loueez...those brake calipers look great!!!

Dm of mD

Comment

Could also be Campagnola. Look at the front on this bike.

Comment

Did a little checking and EPM means exactly that, they are EPM wheels. EPM stills looks to be in business today. Ask Bert Patterson what's on his Mille. Could be EPM.

Comment

thank you all........

the info you have givvin me is wonderfull..........
              A) these are mag....not auilm.......they are made in italy..........and up for sale if any one wants them.........stock brakes bolt right to them and i have a sproket............
              B)the ft adjusable brake hangers.......and idea on those???? im gonna sell them as well

these cam off a race bike......mtc 1104 kit(road race),andrews 3s cams(.424 lift 280 degs duration), big port 8 vaulve head...have all the paper work on it..........it was suposto run....well let me tell you that engine is stuck..........but not blown up..............so i think im gonna part it out..............will trade parts for 70's honda chopper stuff...........or chopper stuff................

as far as pics of the bike it's self(some one asked) its offull ugly,but i will post a pic of it

Comment

The rotors and calipers look like stock '83 and up 700/750 stuff. Looks like a homemade sleeve to mount the calipers on.

Comment

if the holders......

if the holders are shop done, they are very nice..........a good machinist could turn the old monting bosses off the forks and build the sleeves....is a first class job.........

Comment

Working...
                  X