Haynes or Clymer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haynes or Clymer?

since I'm sick of waiting for the PO to get back to me with the promised workshop manual for the GS1000G, I've decided I'll just go an buy one.
    any opinions on which is better - Haynes or Clymer?
    anyone selling one that covers a 1981 GS1000G?
    any Aussie riders with a tip for a source of cheap manuals?
    will these questions ever end?

I have a Haynes for my 1980 GS1000S.
    Has saved my ass more than once.

If you're asking which is better......can't answer,but I can say the Haynes has helped me.

Check ebay, there were a couple of each on there yesterday.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

The factory manual is the best IMHO. The other two manuals are nice to have but just don't work as well.

Hap

Comment

I've used both, and greatly prefer the Clymer's. A factory manual is also useful, but refers to a lot of specialty tools that you're not likely to have.

Just one opinion...

Comment

I have both for my 77gs550 and while they are both good, I lean towards the Clymer. It has more pictures I think. I do also have the Factory shop manual for my 80gs1000e and while it assumes you know more about mechanics, its very deep with the info. I say get all 3!

Comment

Check this for a 80GS1000E but i should anser most of your questions

Heres another repair site
            Motorcycle Repair Information, Do it Yourself Motorcycle Repair Course, .

Comment

thanks for all the advice. I think I'll go for a Clymer one.
              you guys have access to a lot of cheap parts (and manuals) over there, but as usualy the shipping kills me!

thanks for the web links SqDancerLyn, but I'm after a little more detail than those sites provide.

Comment

Working...
              X