GS650 CARB TROUBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 CARB TROUBLE

I just started repairing my 82 GS650L Suzuki recently purchased. It has been sitting for several years , my guess 2 to 4 from the smell and look of the gas. First I removed the carbs and did the needed cleaning. The gas had not completely gummed the carbs, there was some build up though. It started easily but just on the right two cylinders. The left two pipes are barely warm to the touch. If the the revs are up high the two left pipes do get very slightly warm. Switched plugs no help, then installed new plugs and problem remained. The left two have good spark. Removed the air box and the vacuum operated slides seem to be working. I am not very experienced with CV carbs. On the top of the carb near the carb mounting manifold is a adjustment screw. I did remove it and blow that out with carb cleaner and install to the same setting. I am looking for any advice.

Thanks

I don't know if this will help you any but...
    Check to make sure your coils are routed right.The one on the left side of the frame goes to 1 and 4 and the one on the right side goes to 2 and 3.I don't think half a coil can burn up so they may have them on wrong and one coil may be bad.

Comment

Thanks for the suggeston. I'll try that.

Comment

The carb clean up page here may have answered my problem. I noticed plugs where the pilot jets are normally open. I assumed, you usually get in trouble doing that, there was no pilot jet under the plug. I will pull the carbs and go through the pilots and clean them.

Comment

Working...
        X