Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ratbike Chronicles - Exhaustectomy with no complications!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgeorge
    Hey Detman thanks, the measurements I would need are the three identified in the photo, just want to make sure they would work on the 1100. And Swanny is right about the gaskets, there should have been some in there. Double check and make sure that they aren't stuck up in there, I tried to tell from the photos but couldn't be sure.[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwC5AncVTQipIOAx8H7wTEIdEbOvrmCWKFURa4ibpPGRCFo2i 5t6sm3rp3b0tGqqBbLmZnHNqVW16QHGOCZs5VNCF1q!GK*Wr*U Ai4hp7iY/pipes.JPG?dc=4675476866565851863[/img]
    Lets see....A is a fixed measurement. (easy)
    B is slightly adjustable by loosening the clamps on the collector
    C is another fixed measurement (easy)

I'll get those measurements to you tomorrow.
    Also, the former buyer has bowed out hehe.

Dm of mD

Comment

Thanks Detman, If they work I'll be a happy camper. I have to take mine back of anyway because of #4 not having any compression so it might make it worth while. Let me know how much also. Thanks again.

Comment

Re: Ratbike Chronicles - Exhaustectomy with no complications

Originally posted by BanditBuddy
        Originally posted by Detman101
        Ooooh....Look ma, no pipes at all!!!

Dm of mD
        Wow, ah' likes yo' bike man. 'S coo', bro. ah' wanna do sump'n simular wid mah' 1100G. But ah' won't gots dat sissy bar on mah' bike, I'm no sissy. Slap mah fro! Is you goin' t'put any kind'a some cafe fairin' on dere? If so's I'd be interested t'know whut ya' is goin' wid.

Is yo' brakes baaaad enough on dat t'do stoppies?

Butch
        If this is the normal way you speak, please don't take this as a personal
        threat or anything. You could stand to learn a little proper english.
        I have no clue what the heck you were just talking about.

I got "cafe fairing" out of that mess...yes, I do plan to put a cafe
        fairing on the bike. I will post photos when I purchase and install the
        fairing.

Again, my apologies if I have offended you.

:?
        Dm of mD

Comment

Detman.. seeing that you have ratted one of your bikes I wanted to ask.

I'm looking at putting either clubman bars or drag bars on my GS... but the eroganomics (sp?) are set up so that good posture is promoted when riding.. so how jacked up is it gonna be to have my feet straight under me while I'm leaning forward more than intended... does that make any sense? I see have the same front stylings I'm going for (and flat black paint job to boot) so I figured I'd ask.

Comment

The clubman bars work GREAT with these bikes. My friend josh has them on his CB450 and I tried them on my GS before I went with the drag bars. Even without rearset footpegs the clubman bars work great. They really give you a connection with handling the bike that is unmatched by any other bar-setup next to Clip-ons. My legs did not get crapmed, my back was perfectly fine as well and my knees didn't cramp up after an hour of riding.

I would say go for it if you get the chance dude, those bars are schweet!

Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge
              Thanks Detman, If they work I'll be a happy camper. I have to take mine back of anyway because of #4 not having any compression so it might make it worth while. Let me know how much also. Thanks again.
              Here are those figures with pictures.

Measurement "A" in-between the two middle cylinders is...
              outside: 6 & 10\16 inches
              Inside: 2 & 14/16 inches

Measurement "B" is adjustable by moving the clamps on the collector pipes and adjusting the pipes to your liking.

Measurement "C", the size of the outside flange is...
              edge to edge at widest point: 1 & 11/16 inch

I suck with a ruler. I couldn't find my digital tape measure so I included the pictures. I do better with Millimeters and thinking about it now, I should have just measured the size in them. *smack forehead* DOH!!

:roll:

I pray that these measurements are exactly what you need and that you can use the pipes. I was thinking of selling them for $70.00. They come with a pair of harley-davidson Dyna mufflers that are not in the pictures if you want them. Of course shipping will be higher than average given the size and weight of the stock exhaust. Of course, you are more than welcome to come pick the item up at my house. I accept paypal and money orders. PM me if you want to purchase the pipes still. Oh, the shims, bolts and clamps come with the pipes.

Dm of mD

Comment

Re: Ratbike Chronicles - Exhaustectomy with no complications

Originally posted by Detman101

If this is the normal way you speak, please don't take this as a personal
                threat or anything. You could stand to learn a little proper english.
                I have no clue what the heck you were just talking about.

I got "cafe fairing" out of that mess...yes, I do plan to put a cafe
                fairing on the bike. I will post photos when I purchase and install the
                fairing.

Again, my apologies if I have offended you.

:?
                Dm of mD
                No offence snatchin. It's cool, bro. It's my prefferance ta talk/type dis way, mo'e so dan havin' bad english. Lop some boogie. I's plum my way uf bein' me.

I kin try n' tone it down some though, hopefully dat'll help. Jes hand loose, brud.

What I wuz askin' was is dem brakes gud 'nuf ta be doin da stoppies/endos wid?

Butch

Comment

Kewl brutha, I'm kinda scared to try any tricks with this bike cause it weighs so much more than anything I've ever ridden. If it fell on me I'd be squished. I don't think I'll ever pull a wheelie or stoppie. I'm always too afraid to drop the clutch for fear of bending a crankshaft or breaking the clutch.

Dm of mD

Comment

Detman, I didn't get a chance to measure mine this evening due to getting sidetracked on something else (see the thread riddle me this). I'll get them first thing in the AM though and should be able to let you know something then. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Working...
                    X