Pads for a 1978 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pads for a 1978 GS750

I need to install new pads and thought maybe organic would give the rotors a longer life. Is this a good idea or should i go with semi-metalic or ceramic? It has the single disc up front.

I posted the question for brakepads for my 750 a couple of weeks ago and most people liked the EBC brakepads most.

Comment

I just replaced all my pads, and I used the EBC brand, and that's what was also installed prior. My rotors are all fine still. As long as you get to them before they go metal to metal, you'll be OK.

You might want to read my "Doing the brakes (breaks)" post for some further information.

Cheers,

Roger

Comment

Stop!!!!!!

Caballo

Yes I agree, the EBC seems to be the front runner here!
        Have you checked/miked your rotor? A lot of people just throw pad upon pad over their rotor without considering the condition. What I,m refering to is are they nice & flat? Worn too thin? Some times they can be ground down flat on a lathe if their not too thin to begin with. Remember when a new pad which is perfectly flat rides on an 'old' rotor it 'rides' on the peaks of the highest points of the rotor often times the overall effect is an ineffienct braking power as in the whole surface of the pad is not yet in contact with the rotor hence the term the bedding in of the pad.
        Rick........

Comment

Working...
        X