Coils??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coils??

Okay, I don't know whats up with my coils. I have a '82 650E and i need to know which cables goto which plugs. i need to know which coils(black boxy things under take on sides of frame?) goto which plugs. Right now the left one if going to 1 and 3, the other is going to 2 and 4. is this right?? :?

THANKS!

No, the left one should be 1&4(the two outside cylinders)
    The right one should be 2&3 (the two inner cylinders)

After fixing that she should start right up using the standard method of starting the bike.

Hope I helped.

dm of md

Comment

nope, 1-4 go together, 2-3 go together

Comment

Probably not right. On my GS1000 the left coil goes to 1 and 4, the right coil goes to 2 and 3. Either way, one of your coils should be going to 1 and 4 while other coil goes to 2 and 3. You probably just need to switch your 3 and 4 plug wires to make it correct.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

jeeeeezz, i cant believe i bought the bike like that... hahaha That kinda says something about how well the old owner knew his bike.

OMG, now that i did that my bike is a smoke machine. Smoke is rolling out of the mufflers ahahaha. Too rich??? What the hell.

Comment

Working...
          X