Slime Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slime Question

has anyone been using or tried "ride-on" flat preventer for motorcycles? Is it like the stuff that bicycles use? Anybody actually have it seal a leak or have anything strange happen?

I have not used the products you mention, however I have used PJ1's Balance Plus. This is a tire balancer and stop leak combo arrangement. It did work to slow a punctured tube but not seal it. All these products make a mess inside tubeless tires; shops get hacked if you don't inform them of the gunk inside when changing tires.

Comment

I don't know if it works or not but you can not fix a tube that has the stuff in it. The patch just won't stick.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
        I don't know if it works or not but you can not fix a tube that has the stuff in it. The patch just won't stick.

Steve
        Steve's right it's a one time deal. BTW I don't use this stuff anymore. Guess I should have put that in my original post.

Comment

This sealant stuff does work, got me out of a jam a few years back when I picked up a roofing nail in my rear tire resulting in a slow leak. Of course we were in the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ of nowhere at the time, so I am never without a can of it when we go touring.
          Jimcor is right, shops get right *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed off if you neglect to inform them that you've used this when you drop the tire off for repair. Messy stuff.

Comment

When I used to work part time at a local shop for parts money, guys would come in quite often complaining about tire balance problems. After fighting with a high end Snap-On computerized balancer for a while I'd tell the customer we were having issues balancing his tire. Only after that he would mention that he thought the tire might have some of this stuff in there. Anyway, in my opinion, you won't catch me with that goop in my tires.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
            https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

makes a BIG mess when you change tires

Comment

most tire shops wont even waranty your tires if youve installed this stuff.

Comment

I checked one of the cans, it said specifically to not use it on motorcycles. Didn't say why.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                  X