Clip-ons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip-ons?

So I'm riding my friend's tricked-out 1976 cb400f in Ducati red on Southern CA's fabled Ortega Hwy this morning. It has clip-ons and it's a total freakin' blast! Like riding on the front wheel. Has anybody put clip-ons on a GS550? How'd it go? Did you like the change? The forks are 35mm od so I believe I can get some clip-ons that will fit.

Try Spec 2. I just checked their web and it appears that they have the clip-on's for '83 model year on up. I have an '86 that Im going to order some for. They also have fork braces as well.

spec II, expansion, chambers, sprockets, tuning, motorcycles, handlebars, bearings, bushings, swingarm, reed, cages, fairing, chassis, clip-ons, clutch, kit, coils, RD, RZ, RZ350, RD350, RZ350, RD400, Daytona, Yamaha, steering, damper, brake, discs, engine, parts, fenders, carbs, carburators, flatslides, Mikuni, jets, main, Kawasaki, handgrips, buttons, Honda, Kawasaki, Hawk, brake, lines, stainless, steel, braided, pads, piston, powerjets, rearsets, porting, crank, work, shocks, Fox, slip-ons, YSR50

Happy Riding, Manish

Comment

I used clip-ons made for a GT750 on my GS750, these were without any rise in them so I had to put them pretty wide out to not hit the gas tank.

Comment

Very nicely done. I like that bare bones look and the way you topped the triples. One other thing you can do is to modify your fork stops so the bars ,when pulled in, will not hit the tank. I had to do this recently on the 750 Kat front end conversion to my GS750ED. The only thing you lose is a little turning ability down at very low speeds. Ride On, Ed.
        1983 GS750ED
        2001 TL1000S (sold)

Comment

Working...
        X