81 GS750 Airbox.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS750 Airbox.....

I recently acquired an '81 GS750E. Not being familiar with this bike I think part of the airbox is missing. I have the part (box) which mounts to the carbs but isn't there another part (box) which houses the airfilter and connects to the first box? Or am I just assuming wrong and some type of round airfilter connects to the box on the carbs? Photos would be a great help!

Thanks!

Re: 81 GS750 Airbox.....

There is a round, paper element filter that plugs into the rear of the airbox with the carb induction tubes on the front face of that airbox. Then there is another plastic box on the back of the carb airbox that covers the paper element filter and there is a screw down lid on top of that that gives access to the filter element.

Earl

Originally posted by cozee
    I recently acquired an '81 GS750E. Not being familiar with this bike I think part of the airbox is missing. I have the part (box) which mounts to the carbs but isn't there another part (box) which houses the airfilter and connects to the first box? Or am I just assuming wrong and some type of round airfilter connects to the box on the carbs? Photos would be a great help!

Thanks!
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Then there is another plastic box on the back of the carb airbox that covers the paper element filter and there is a screw down lid on top of that that gives access to the filter element.
      That's what I was thinking. I'm missing these parts.

Thanks again!!

Comment

If the parts off of a GS1100E will fit I have them. I can send them to you for the price of postage and a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Thanks ! I will see what I can find out and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
          X