No announcement yet.

GS550 won't start :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think thats connected to the air box actually. I saw a place where something should be connected to the air box, but nothing was there, Ill have to check later.

Comment

Looking down at the bike, it will be on the right hand side of the airbox back a little bit. Its crucial that it be there. Mine wouldnt run for more than 3 seconds with out it.

Comment

I will connect it, maybe then it will fire :\

Comment

if you're turning over your engine at a reasonable speed, with full choke and you arent even getting your spark plugs a little wet, there has to be something wrong with you fuel system. Petcock? Vaccum line? Leaks? I had a similiar problem. And also make sure you have the correct connections to your spark plugs, 1&4, 2&3. No good am i with the electrical problems

Comment

I know.. thats why its so weird, I would think the plugs would be wet.. but... *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$. I think its 1+3 and 2+4, infact, im almost positive. Are the firing orders different for my bike? or am i just so dumb that thats the problem? So you mean one coil is supposed to be connected to 1 and 4, and the other to 2 and 3? Im going to be so mad of thats the problem.

Also, I noticed the previous owner didnt have the Ignition unit properly attached, it was just hanging by a tie wrap, does it have to be grounded? I didnt see a place where it should bolt to..

Comment

1 & 4 fire off one coil and 2 & 3 fire off the other coil. If the primary leads haven't been crossed the coil with the longer wires goes to 1 & 4.

Comment

Alright, i checked the wiring out, and it was on 1 & 3 and 2 & 4. I changed the left side coil (if your looking at the back of the bike) to 1 & 4, and changed the right side coil to 2 % 3. It actually started, and idled at around 900-1000RPMs, but as soon as you give it gas, it just bogs out. The right tail pipe (looking at it from behind) poors out a lot of white smoke, but it smells like gas, not oil. The otherside is burning normally. Are the coils in the right spot? I checked the wiring diagram, and the primary leads appear to be in the right place. Also, the previous owner put a gas line on it from the petcock to the carb, but its clear-colored, and doesnt seem to fit very well. Its also got an inline filter, i think it may be restricting the gas flow to the carbs? I did check that airbox line too, and that was connected to the "valve cover" on the engine.

Comment

I guess im asking, what coils go to what, if someone can check. Someone said the one with longer wires, but they will both fit 1 and 4. Im going to try the fuel line, and see if that helps anything too.

Thanks again for all the support.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                  X