Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost oil filler cap - compatibility of other GS models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost oil filler cap - compatibility of other GS models?

Hi all - just a really quick question - I lost or someone snatched (don't ask me how) the oil filler cap off my 81 GS650GLX - in searching the boneyards for a replacement, are these interchangeable among all the early GS engines? I'm going to drill and safety-chain the replacement to the frame to try to avoid a repeat of this problem.

Cdn George
    Edmonton, Alberta

I believe all of the GS motors use the same size plug For temp you can us a small rubber expandable automotive freeze plug

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
      I believe all of the GS motors use the same size plug For temp you can us a small rubber expandable automotive freeze plug
      GS-450 plug is different, though...

The 450 has a dipstick (good idea) instead of that (allways clogged) sight wnidow...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_A
        Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        GS-450 plug is different, though...

The 450 has a dipstick (good idea) instead of that (allways clogged) sight wnidow...
        The GS 250 too

Comment

oil cap

try looking at new or old chain saw's gas cap's, realy some have same theards for the 1978 gs

Comment

Working...
          X