Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Points cover (TSCC)...

Hello again,

I just wanted to know if running with a cracked points cover is necessarily bad. I have electronic ignition and have temporarily covered the crack with Duct Tape. It is water tight so far but would like to know if this is kewl till I find a TSCC points cover replacement.

Thanks,
    Dm of mD

Just keep the water out and all is good.

Comment

Smear some silcone RTV along the crack and ride!

Hap

Comment

Awesome, I can keep my Ratbike look this way.
        RTV Gasket Sealant it is!!

Dm of mD

Comment

I have a new emblem for it that should fit if you get a new cover or fix yours bro.

See it here --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7903706691

If you want it then it is yours at cost only.

Comment

Re: Points cover (TSCC)...

You can go to any auto parts store or probably hardware store and buy some J B Weld. Its an epoxy base filler. Put tape over the outside of the crack and fill it from the inside. Let it set for 4 hours and remove the tape. Probably last forever. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Detman101
            Hello again,

I just wanted to know if running with a cracked points cover is necessarily bad. I have electronic ignition and have temporarily covered the crack with Duct Tape. It is water tight so far but would like to know if this is kewl till I find a TSCC points cover replacement.

Thanks,
            Dm of mD
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: Points cover (TSCC)...

Originally posted by earlfor
              You can go to any auto parts store or probably hardware store and buy some J B Weld. Its an epoxy base filler. Put tape over the outside of the crack and fill it from the inside. Let it set for 4 hours and remove the tape. Probably last forever. :-)

Earl
              Great, that sounds like a prime idea. I will do that this weekend!!!
              Thank you for the great idea!!! I forgot all about JB-Weld!!

Dm of mD

Comment

Never forget about JB Weld, that stuff is even better then Duct Tape. I know, I know, Blasphemy.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
                  Never forget about JB Weld, that stuff is even better then Duct Tape. I know, I know, Blasphemy.
                  8O 8O 8O
                  Oh no he didnt..... 8O

I hope the duct tape guys didn't hear you!
                  I won't tell my ratbike compatriots about what you just said. :P

Dm of mD

Comment

SSSH! Trade secret, Duct tape also keeps submarines running.

Comment

Is your no reply a no then Dm? I ask because now that I posted I got other guys PMin me asking for it. Let me know, if you don't want it I will let it go to the guy who asked for it today. I told him I would get back to him either way so that is why I ask.

Comment

I am a bit confused..how does a TSCC sticker go on a two valve motor? It would fit, but TSCC is some silly 4 valve concept

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                          Is your no reply a no then Dm? I ask because now that I posted I got other guys PMin me asking for it. Let me know, if you don't want it I will let it go to the guy who asked for it today. I told him I would get back to him either way so that is why I ask.
                          Oh it's no problem buddy. The other guy can buy it from you.
                          I'm putting my own custom logo on the points cover once I get it sealed up again. Thank you for holdingout for me though. I feel all special and stuff now hehe...

Take care,
                          Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
                            Originally posted by Hoomgar
                            Oh it's no problem buddy. The other guy can buy it from you.
                            I'm putting my own custom logo on the points cover once I get it sealed up again. Thank you for holdingout for me though. I feel all special and stuff now hehe...

Take care,
                            Dm of mD
                            No problem, thats what I was waiting for man. Thx
                            I didn't really want to sell it but now it is public knowledge :roll:

Comment

Kewl, that's a loyal friend.
                              Thanks bud.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                              X