Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here rewound/rewired their stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here rewound/rewired their stator?

The gosh-darned thing on my bike fried, and we thought it was my rectifier at first, so I wasted money on a new Electrex one. My supplier (Motovan) at work isn't going to have stock for my new stator (same brand) until next month. My mechanic BF said I could probably rewire it myself but it would just be time consuming. A professional rewiring job would cost nearly what the new stator would, so there's not much of a point since whatever I can't do myself Mike will help me with. He hasn't done this himself before, so he told me to see if I could find any instructions on the net, which I haven't found much on, aside from rewiring for the purpose preformance enhancement for dirt bikes. I don't know if they have the same sorta stators though, so if you fellas have any advice then tell me... NOW! I MISS MY BIKE!! Waah!

There are step-by-step rewinding instructions on this site: "The stator papers".
    It can be done, but it takes a lot of time and patience...

Comment

Perfect! I did a search of the forum, but didn't know there was the "Garage" area on here! 8) With such a big section on it, this must be a common problem. :?

Comment

I have rewound a couple. It just takes time and patience. The trick is to write down or sketch out the wiring of the stator as you unwind the original. If you wind it back on as it came off, it will work fine. Just this year I redid a stator that I rewired back in the mid 80s. And I did not put any coating on the wiring, but it lasted many years.

Comment

Tiffany,

Did you see this?

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...hlight=#186619

Comment

Working...
          X