CDI Module for 1982 Suzuki GS 300L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDI Module for 1982 Suzuki GS 300L

Does anyone know where to find a CDI Module for a 1982 Suzuki GS 300L or know if there's any other bike models out there that will work in the 300. Any other posssible info or links would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Mike 403-899-5180

Can't be any help with the "ignitor", but it's not CDI. That's one of the most common misconceptions about ignitions on GS models. Calling it CDI will get you into trouble when you buy ignition parts.

Comment

Weird, when I was in Stokers (motorcycle salvage in san diego) today, somebody called in looking for one of those for a GS 300. Was that you?

Comment

Re: CDI Module for 1982 Suzuki GS 300L

Your bike has an electronic ignition. It does NOT have a capacitive discharge ignition (CDI).

Earl

Originally posted by mkreese
        Does anyone know where to find a CDI Module for a 1982 Suzuki GS 300L or know if there's any other bike models out there that will work in the 300. Any other posssible info or links would be GREATLY appreciated.
        Mike 403-899-5180
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Don't really have any help but glad you posted this, I've got the same bike and someone told me the other day my CDI might be going bad, sure does help to know that it doesn't have one...

Comment

The ignitors usually either work or they don't. If it fires at all I'd be looking for the problem elsewhere.

Comment

Oh sorry guys, I guess im looking for an "ignitor" for the bike, I've been looking for a good month now and thats the first time anyone told me that. So anyways if anyone know where to et a ignitor for a GS300L, or a cross that will work in it, please let me know. It will only fire on one cylinder, sometimes both if you squeeze it in the right place, i've been through 2 already that dont work. Yeah that was me that called into stokers the other day, kind of weird, specially since im from Canada. Thanks everbody.

Comment

Working...
              X