Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Leak

My GS110E 83 is leaking or seeping some oil into the center part of the motor. It only does it after it fully warms up(210 -215 degrees) while driving it or after you lay into it pretty heavy. It leaks a pretty good little puddle of oil ( about the size of a coaster) then quits. The guy that owned it before me had work done to the heads I am not sure who put them back on. Also the bike sat up a couple of years before I got it and got it running.
    I have checked closely and can not find exactly what is leaking but can find no oil in the cooling fins on the heads. Am I safe in assuming that it might be a leak from one of the lower parts of the jugs that hasnt been torqued properly?
    If this is the case where could I find instructions on the proper bolt sequence pattern to properly tighten the heads?
    I have owned several types of motorcycles and love this Zuki but it was sure hard to get use to, and not worry about, that cam noise at idle.

is this at the front of the engine or behind the cylinders?

Comment

Behind the cylinders

Comment

Could well be leaking from the cam chain tensioner.

Comment

thanks for helping out Mr. NOBBY C

Where is it and how can I check it to make sure?

Comment

Having never worked on an 1100I can only talk about other bikes but they all a large Knurled nut in the middle at the back of the cylinders. This is you cam chain adjuster. Just check round the gasket on this to see if there is any evidence of a leak. If so just change the gasket.Do not turn the adjuster unless as specified by the manufacturer. This is a weak point on a number of bikes I have worked on. Best of luck.

Comment

Thank you sir

will check it first when I get home

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X