X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case savers?

My bike has an engine guard with highway pegs similar to this:

I'm hoping to replace it with case savers like this:

First, am I correct in assuming that I'll get significantly more lean angle from the case savers? Second, where can I find case savers for a 1978 GS 1000?

Yes you will get significantly more lean angle.

But beware if you plan to clamp highway pegs onto the case savers.
    I recently crashed my bike on the right side and the clamped-on highway peg cracked a hole in my points cover when the bike landed on the right side case-saver. If you get a pair of clamp-on highway pegs be careful!!

If I had crashed on the left side of the bike I'd have been stranded with a cracked stator cover and oil leakage from cracking the left case.

Thank you God for sparing me.

Dm of mD

Comment

Oh yeah, I have since removed all highway pegs from my bike.
      The case savers held up and did what they were supposed to. That stupid highway peg rotating into my engine case was the problem.

Dm of mD

Comment

ouch

Comment

If you can, get the original Suzuki engine case guards.

They saved my right side engine case when I took a corner and the front tire slipped on a patch of tar. Bike went down and spun a couple of 360's just like a spinning top.

The full weight of the bike was supported by the engine case guard which bent a little and was scrapped a bit but no damage to the bike whatsoever. Not a scratch anywhere.

Check out the pic of my bike with the original Suzuki engine case guards.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X