• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just connect the wires several times to see if it returns

Comment

Problem Continues to Elude me

Update,

Hotwiring the brake light does not produce a short. I hotwired several times, on and off... front brake light switch on, back switch on; front off back on; front on back off; it is frustrating, no short. It is as if my R/R is not regulating the voltage going to my brake light. It is hard to replicate. All done with bike running and not running.

I had a theory a week ago, that if a wire is grounding out, and since the bike's frame is a common, I could find the short by touching the negative multimeter lead to a ground on the bike, putting the positive lead on a suspect wire, and testing for continuity. Is this theory sound?

Edit: I just realized it will not work, because if the above worked then the bike would be actively in the process of shorting and it is not doing that now...

Because otherwise I am wondering if I can ride without a rear brake light switch... ugh, I want this problem to be OVER so I can have PEACE while waiting for my caliper piston seals to arrive!

Comment

Working...
      X