GS750T powertrain inconsistances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750T powertrain inconsistances

I have purchased an 1982 GS750T recently with 22k miles registered on the speedo. The bike ran general well until approx. 10 to 15 min into the ride, normal operating temperature. The idle progressively got worst to a point where as I had to keep reving the engine to keep it running, and at take-off, literally wanted to take-off or stall. If that was not enough, fuel started to spew out of every joint in the exhaust system. I assumed that the carbs needed some work, thus, the carbs have been redone, syncronized and had a tune up done on the bike. They did a compression test as well, compression is as per factury specifications.
    I took the bike out for a run this morning, the bike runs very well, very strong, the triottle response was incredible..........but when the bike reached normal operating temperature, it pretty much did the same thing, except for the fuel spewing out.
    At this point, I'm thinking that this delemma could be gererated by timing or related, or that I have purchased a very nice anchour for a boat.
    I would appreciate any advise or words of wisdom.

thanks

Edward

Are all your plugs sparking when at operating temperature?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobby 'C '
      Are all your plugs sparking when at operating temperature?
      It would seem that all four are firing......there's no smoke blowing out the exhaust.......?

Comment

what are the condition of your carb boots they may be leaking when the engine gets up to temp but are tight when cold

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
          what are the condition of your carb boots they may be leaking when the engine gets up to temp but are tight when cold
          The carb boots are in really good condition, and when assembled, I was very cautious to ensure proper seating.
          I'm thinking that it may very well be an electronic detail, related to the spark plugs........wrong plugs? or maybe there is something wrong with the spark modulator/controller?

Comment

Working...
          X