Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh man, not the darn pod discussion again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pods killed my power

Hello,
    I changed my air filter to pods because the original air box was really rusted inside and parts were falling apart. I also prefer the stock look, but the time I find an other air box...
    What size of jets (name and size) should I order to make my bike run at least like before. Today I went to work with it in the rain and was not able to go over 3500 rpm even with choke on, I was like on my old vespa....
    1979 GS 1000 G
    Olivier

Comment

I took my first real drive on the Kat tonight, after about 5 miles the bike was reluctant to rev. Not like gas starvation, like cylinders were dopping in and out. It was good at low rpm, I went to the highway and everything was fine below 5000 and about 70 mph., after that :P Yuck! Got home and the plugs were black and I could smell gass as it idled. My guess is that there had been adjustments made to accomadate the pods. Oh well at least since my front brakes suck I won't be able to go too fast. adding choke didn't help. Looks like tomorow's another Areostar day.

Pat

Comment

I thought I would voice my opinion on this; I love my pods...there I said it.
        Yes they are noisier, but not that much. I kind of like the sucking sound...I never have a problem with water. You have to keep them oiled. Oil and water don't mix. Ducks don't get wet in the rain because they have oil on their feathers.... I can pull my carbs in about five minutes. I can put them in in ten...My bike runs great. yes I have it rejetted. It starts first time everytime. It starts faster than my coworkers fuel injected aprillia 1000. It starts faster than the zx7 that I park next to... it starts faster than before I had the pods......it starts.... you get the point.

Comment

I am with him on this one. I to like the sucking sound my pods make. Just be sure to get good pods and not cheap knock offs. My bike has been rejetted to DynaJet stage 3 and a for into one exhaust and I have no problems.

Comment

[quote="HiSPL"]I thought I would voice my opinion on this; I love my pods...there I said it.

You not only said it, you said it and made me laugh

After all that, is it faster or does it just seem to be? Could I be swayed to the dark side? Carbs on and off in 15 minutes, hmmm...

Pat

Comment

It isn't really "faster" per se, but the throttle response is fantastic. It probably is faster by a few tenths in the quarter mile but my a$$dyno can't really tell. Sometimes I just blip the throttle to hear the engine rise and fall in about half a second I really like that sound...WAH-BAH WAH-BAH....... :twisted:

Comment

Hey Pat:
                I dont know that thats any big selling point. I can remove and reinstall the carb stack, linkages and airbox on my GS750E in less that 15 minutes anyday. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by manicmechanic
                Could I be swayed to the dark side? Carbs on and off in 15 minutes, hmmm...

Pat
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I've decided I want to get some pods for my bike, there's nothing that gets your blood running like the induction noise coming from the carbs.
                  Pods also look the business. The bikes long overdue for a rejet anyhow.

Comment

I had my bike (1979 GS 1000 G) back from rejetting yesterday after my pods installation. It was rejetted from 115 to 130 (jat number).
                    The bike is sligthly noisier, in high rpm it has a better response however, I find that in low rpm (below 2500) the bike has less power. Moreover, when decelerating quickly, the exhaust pipe make a lot of explosions...
                    Any opinion on that.

Comment

backfiring is a sign that your still a little lean. if you had a shop tune it for you they probably did this on purpose so you are guaranteed to pass emissions inspection. this can be dangerous when it gets cold out and the air gets dense. you will run even leaner and could cause damage to your engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X