Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone with a 77-79 lend a brake torque spec...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone with a 77-79 lend a brake torque spec...

I am taking apart All My Calipers (could be an interesting new soap) to clean them up, I hope I find some gross stuff in there to make it worthwhile. If someone has access to them, what would the caliper mounting bolts' torque values be, front and rear?

Thanks for any help, after this I'll be able to push my bike with my body at less than a 45 degree angle

Re: Someone with a 77-79 lend a brake torque spec...

I just coat the bolt threads with blue locktite and tighten the bolts with a 10" box end wrench. You cant over stress that diameter of bolt with a 10" wrench.

Earl

Originally posted by ZacharyB
    I am taking apart All My Calipers (could be an interesting new soap) to clean them up, I hope I find some gross stuff in there to make it worthwhile. If someone has access to them, what would the caliper mounting bolts' torque values be, front and rear?

Thanks for any help, after this I'll be able to push my bike with my body at less than a 45 degree angle
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

18-29 ft lbs with blue locktite

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        18-29 ft lbs with blue locktite
        OK. Thanks to Earl too

I realized the calipers can come apart, and I took them apart. Do those bolts have a torque spec as well?

The insides of the brakes were pretty clean speaking of the metal surface. there was a bunch of rust-colored goo/sediment inside everything. The inside piston of the rear brake caliper is rusted in and won't push out, so I have to blow it out with some compressed air. I hope these things cure my sticking brakes.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X