Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

I was fishing and dropped my keys into the lake. On the ring was the only key I have for my 1980 GS1000G. I am an idiot for not having a second key, I admit it.

Is there any way to obtain a key code, to get a locksmith, dealership etc. to make a new key for this bike?

TIA
    Ben

Several people here have mentioned looking for a key code stamped on the helmet lock, seat lock, or other lock that the key fits on your bike. Then, like you said, take it to a locksmith or dealer.

Dave

Comment

My 850 has the key code visable on the seat lock and the gas cap, three diggett #. Take it to a locksmith, and have a key made. Dealer will tell you they have to order key blank :roll:

Comment

I don't know what key blank manufacturers you have in your area but I have two common ones here. One blank is obscure, and may be difficult to find, but the other is available everywhere.

Keys made for my G and GK are

Curtis...blank SU7

Cole Y 107 also marked DC3 X121 for Chrysler Imports

The Chrysler blank has a longer shank than the Suzuki model, but works fine....it's the notches that count.

Pretty well any auto store, hardware, etc will have the Chrysler one.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
        X