Head Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Question

I have to replace the head on my 82 gs750TZ and was wonderiing if anyone knew what years I can use without making mods.

Thanks in advance,

starkey

80-82 I know will fit and I think all of the GS series 4v 750 heads will fit If you use the complete head. WHAT is wrong with yours?? Ihave a 81, but it has some broken fins If you need parts?

Comment

I would doubt an 83-and up head would fit, they changed to the TSCC design, and they look completly different.

Comment

I believe mine is the TSCC Design, according to the manual anyways. The problem with mine is that one of the cam braces (cant think of the right name), the clamps that hold the cam in place, broke and the vibration caused the cam to wear away the part of the head in which it rests. It looks to me like it would be a waste of time to replace the exhaust cam (which is toast) because the head has been worn away.

How exactly do I tell if it is a TSCC design, the manual I have isnt really clear and this is my first motorcycle engine that isnt a V-Twin.

I use this bike as a commuter, even though it is in great shape. Any head that will work and is functional is fine with me.

Starkey

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
          I would doubt an 83-and up head would fit, they changed to the TSCC design, and they look completly different.
          The 1980 (in the U.S.) GS750 was the first model with the TSCC head. But I do agree that the 83 and later motors were a new design and probably will not fit. They are a more compact design.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by ericox
            How exactly do I tell if it is a TSCC design, the manual I have isnt really clear and this is my first motorcycle engine that isnt a V-Twin.

The TSCC is a by product of the use of twin valves so you can pretty much say that the 16 valve head uses the TSCC also it might say so on the cam cover.

Comment

Working...
            X