Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help finding out where this wire goes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help finding out where this wire goes!!

I have a gs 1150 and have basicly had to put it back together and there is one wire that is there that is not plugged into anything. it has a male end, red housing and a resistor attatched to it. any help would be great thanks

Re: I need help finding out where this wire goes!!

Its probably the connector for the battery electrolyte level indicator. Unless you have the special battery it requires, forget it.

Earl

Originally posted by deltong60
    I have a gs 1150 and have basicly had to put it back together and there is one wire that is there that is not plugged into anything. it has a male end, red housing and a resistor attatched to it. any help would be great thanks
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Your battery warning light will glow without the battery sensor. You will want to take the bulb out, if it's not burnt out already 8)
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

The battery warning light wire is green with a blue tracer. So my manual says.

Comment

I guess it would help if you told everyone where on the bike this phantom wire is. For example, if it's in the headlight, I doubt it connects to the battery.

Comment

your right it was the battery wire. green with resistor. thanks everyone. now my bike runs

Comment

Working...
            X