Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting float level

Hello GS Land,

When I set the float level (on my '82 GS1100E) to 22mm as my manual says, to what part of the float do I measure to? With the carbs upside down, the highest part of the float is the square edge connecting to the metal arm; however, the center of the round portion of the float is very close. Also, the round portion of the float would hang lower than the square portion, when the carbs are in their proper position. Any help would be appreciated, because I am not able to get the proper color on my plugs.

Thanks,
    Billy Miles

It's from the highest point on the float as the carbs are upside down, not the arm. But for the arm to be in that position I think your floats must have been damaged. Do they look bent?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mopolopo
      It's from the highest point on the float as the carbs are upside down, not the arm. But for the arm to be in that position I think your floats must have been damaged. Do they look bent?

Michael
      on the cv carbs the floats have the square portion he is refering to at a higher point than the actual float, this is normal and we should still measure from the float section not the square arm section.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Darn! Missed my chance for an easy post.
          (The above advice is correcto-mundo by the way)
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X