Carb question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb question??

I have a gs 1150 that i got from my brother and it was taken apart. so i put it back together and got it kind of running. the carbs need rebuilt. but i also have another set of carbs that are bigger. i almost think that they should go on the bike. they are 34 mm. the ones that i thought were for the bike are like 32 or 31 mm. But while i was cleaning the small ones, i broke the mount that the float bowl pin sits in. so i either have to find someone who has some carbs or put the larger ones together. can someone please help me to identify these bigger carbs? and will they work on my bike? i dont see any numbers that match in my haynes manual. thanks..

Re: Carb question??

The stock carbs size for the 1150 is a BS36.

Earl

Originally posted by deltong60
    I have a gs 1150 that i got from my brother and it was taken apart. so i put it back together and got it kind of running. the carbs need rebuilt. but i also have another set of carbs that are bigger. i almost think that they should go on the bike. they are 34 mm. the ones that i thought were for the bike are like 32 or 31 mm. But while i was cleaning the small ones, i broke the mount that the float bowl pin sits in. so i either have to find someone who has some carbs or put the larger ones together. can someone please help me to identify these bigger carbs? and will they work on my bike? i dont see any numbers that match in my haynes manual. thanks..
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

whre can i find that number on the carb at?

Comment

As far as I can tell, the carb model number is not stamped anywhere on the carbs for the 4 engines I have.

Earl

Originally posted by deltong60
        whre can i find that number on the carb at?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I was checking my Suzuki manual, and it says they are Mikuni BS36SS carbs. There are two ID #'s based on the country. Here is a link I found where KZ (Karl) has the scanned chart from the Suzuki manual on carb specs.

Unfortunately, he doesn't show the picture of the ID location. Looking at the outside of carb# 1, the ID# is above the left float bowl screw just above the lip of the float bowl. It will of course be in the same place on the other carbs. As the link shows, the ID's are 00A30 or 00A00, depending on your country code.

Goo luck.

Comment

awsome thanks for the info guys

Comment

Working...
            X