Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Throttle

Hi

I have a 79 GS850 with slide carbs, I'm pretty happy with it apart from the heavy throttle.

I just stripped my carbs and was surprised how strong the throttle return spring is. It seems much stronger than needed to reliably close the carb slides.

I'm thinking I can get a lighter throttle by fitting a weaker spring. Has anyone tried this and how did it work out?

Thanks

Yes, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...heavy+throttle

Comment

throttle spring

Bought the 850 new in 1979. Immediatly took off the return spring and put it in the tool kit just in case. Tightened the throttle cables against each other to provide tension and make a permanent throttle lock. It's a really
      dumb idea. But it's been that way for 25 years and over 70,000 cramp free miles. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else. I can't let anyone else touch the throttle, they'll over rev it. The " what if you crash, the the engine will over rev" question was answered with if I crash that bad I probably won't want the bike back or I won't be around to care anyway.
      " Do as I say, not as I do "

Comment

Hardware store has lighter springs.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X