gs1100e seat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e seat cover

Hello. I need to recover the seat on my '82 gs1100e, and was wondering if the travelcade seat cover kit looked like the factory seat ? Thanks, Mike

I only had the option of the double bucket seat from Travelcade for my 81- it's nothing like the factory seat.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

it is suspose to.

Comment

I used a saddleskin from travelcade on my 81 1100E and it
        looks close to the oem. different stiching but looks good.

Comment

I recovered my seat with one of their Saddleskins, and it looks pretty much like the original. The stitches differ slightly, but the stitching pattern is the same.

By the way, after recovering a stepped seat on a Kawasaki 440 LTD with one of these and struggling to get the last end hooked, I learned a trick that helped quite a bit with my 850. Cover the seat foam with clear plastic wrap (e.g., Saran Wrap) before you install the cover itself. This allows the cover to slide a bit on the foam, which makes getting the last part fastened easier. It also keeps the foam from getting soaked when it rains.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I was watching a cover on ebay, but had a bad computer meltdown and lost it. Just got some new sidecovers from suzuki and tank decals, so it's getting paint and a new seatcover. By the way, this bike will be for sale when i get it looking good again.

Comment

Working...
            X