Yes we have them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes we have them

So I call my local suzuki dealer he says yes I have 2- 2.70 shims in stock so I drive the 110 mile round trip to find out he is trying to sell me honda shims, Yes I am beyond P**SED OFF, tells me 2 weeks to get the right ones, ready to sell and go back to Yammys, any way who is the fastest shipper on the net, I got a tool from bike bandit but it took over a week to get it ?

good luck

Comment

I've been through that "yes we have them" crap too. :x Now I ask more questions over the phone and even ask them if they'll go back to see the part on their shelf. Even that's no guarantee. They say they look but they really just look at the quantity on the computer screen. 110 miles round trip for nothing? Damn!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

CRC carries them at $5 each + shipping. Probably less than you spent on gas, which has to be maddening.

Comment

Hi

Some old BMW also use the 29,5 mm chims.

GS1000GLx

Comment

Check with a Kawasaki dealership. the old KZ used the same size shims as our GS's. I discovered that when I went shopping for shims too.

Comment

I believe the original VW Rabbit and Jetta's also took the same shim. Anyone else out there sure about this. I about heard this years ago but never did follow up on it.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
              https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

Suzuki & Kaw shims although simillar are NOT the same Suz 29.5mm
                Kaw 29.0 mm

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                  Suzuki & Kaw shims although simillar are NOT the same Suz 29.5mm
                  Kaw 29.0 mm
                  That's right.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I've ordered them from crc several times always had them in a couple of days. http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm Great people to deal with too. Like Robert said $5 and shipping I think is $6 on something like that he usually uses priority mail for shipping. Follow the link then click on motor parts then valve shims.

Comment

so get this

so Iam going over to my inlaws for a visit and I figure I will stop off and get my money back I tell the girl at the counter whats up, so she says I will look for the right ones, before I can tell her I all ready got some from a salvage yard, she's off looking, she comes back with what she says are the right ones, being fully prepared, just in case I can make a fool out of an idiot, I pull out one of the ones that I replaced and sure enough they are Kawasaki 29mm, so like what are they doing with these and there after market and do not have the bevel on them, like the oem were do they get these lazy a##'s

Comment

your last question is probably best not answered

Comment

At least you don't have my problem. Every time I make a trip to the local Kawasaki shop for oil filters or basically anything else for my ZRX the dumbasses there tell me there is no such thing as a ZRX! Their parts listing in the computer says ZXR1000R so I have to explain that to them each and every time that their computer is wrong. How do you like them apples?? :roll:

Comment

Working...
                          X