electrical nightmare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical nightmare 2

wellll its a new day. got my bike to start and run. problem is ignition stays on even if i shut off switch. will stop using kill switch but ignition still stays "hot". any suggestions? :x

Perhaps the internals of your ignition switch are falling apart. 2 out of the 3 bikes I've owned (Honda & Kawasaki) both had problems with this. My Suzuki remains trouble free.

Comment

brand new emgo switch. still hot. what could be routing power to ignition?

Comment

check the switch wiring you may have wired it on all the time when you replaced the switch

Comment

Are you sure that EMGO is a direct replacement. I'm assuming that it plugged right into your bike like it belonged. Somewhere I heard that alot of those aftermarket switches are pretty much the same inside, you may have got something thats plugged right in, but was made for a different bike. Personally, I would have refurbished the original switch.

Comment

Going Going Going

Sounds like your gonna have to pony up for a genuine Suzuki service manual to chase down your electrical gremlins!
            And yes the only time my old 1000 stranded me was an acrid burning from a well roasted ignition switch.
            Rick..........

Comment

electrical nightmare 2

yup; bad repl switch. second switch (from junkyard) worked out thanks everybody for replies

Comment

Working...
              X